Jason Litzau lands a right to the head of his opponent on Saturday night at the Black Bear Casino in Carlton, MN. Click image to enlarge

“The American Boy” Jason Litzau (30-3-1, 22 KO’s) of Saint Paul, MN stopped Lance Williams (7-6, 7 KO’s) of Muskatine, Iowa in the second round on Saturday night at the Black Bear Casino in Carlton, MN. The victory for Litzau came harder then expected after Williams dropped Litzau straight out of the gate with a right and left punch combination to the head. Litzau jumped back up and the two fighters traded shots before a hard straight right by Litzau to the face put Williams down to even the score later in the round. Both fighters rocked each other throughout the second round and Litzau dropped Williams again in round two with a left hook along the ropes. Williams¬† was able to fight on however and catch Litzau later with 4 clean head shots after Litzau dropped his hands, stuck his chin out, and handed Williams the free shots to show he was unfazed by the big punches. Litzau’s mouthpiece flew out at some point during the exchange and time was called by referee Mark Nelson. “The American Boy” then ran out of his corner after the fight resumed and landed a crushing left hook to the head of Williams that sent him back to the canvas where he was counted out at 2:34 of the second round.
A new Minnesota state super lightweight champion was crowned as Duluth, Minnesota’s Markus Morris (10-2, 6 KO’s) knocked out Jeremy McLaurin (11-10-1, 6 KO’s) of Saint Paul at 1:07 of the seventh round with a huge right hand to the head after trapping McLaurin along the ropes.

Al Sands (18-2, 17 KO’s) of Duluth, Minnesota dropped Dominique Alexander (26-18-2, 13 KO’s) of Topeka, Kansas four times before stopping him at 2:15 of the second round in a cruiserweight bout.

Gilbert Venegas (15-25-5, 8 KO’s) of East Moline, Illinois stunned Delorian Caraway (7-1, 5 KO’s) of Minneapolis, MN by winning a heated majority decision with scores coming in at 57-57, 58-56, 58-56 over six rounds of welterweight action. The judges scored in favor of the aggressive hard shots of Venegas over the speedy counter punches from Caraway.

lightweight Ramiro Hernandez (8-0, 7 KO’s) of Cleveland, Ohio defeated Matt Murphy (1-7-1, 1 KO) of Saint Luis, Missouri following four action filled rounds. Hernandez looked sharp and Murphy again showed his willingness to trade with anyone. Scores read 40-35, 40-35, 39-46.

BJ Lacy (1-1, 1 KO) of Minneapolis, MN and Romondo Papsadora (2-3, 2 KO’s) exchanged punches in exciting fashion for much of there cruiserweight fight. Lacy had bloodied Papsadora’s nose by the third and the fight was stopped by referee Scott Erickson in round three after a hard jab from Lacy staggered Papsadora. The time of the stoppage was 2:46 of the 3rd round.